Sixth Grade Visitation
Recently the sixth grade students visited West JHS for our annual concert and tour. They arrived at about 9:00 and were treated to a concert with our orchestra, show choir and concert band. All three groups did a great job and gave a sneak preview of what to expect for our upcoming spring concerts. The concert was followed by a tour of our school which was given by next year’s Bear Ambassadors. This visit is part of many steps we take to help the sixth grade make a smooth transition into the West community.
Meet Our 7th Grade Teams
Pride Team Letter
- New Student Days: Thursday, August 13th 1:00-3:00 PM; Tuesday, August 18th 9:00- 11:00 AM
- 7th Grade Orientation - Thursday, August 27th 7:00 PM
- 7th Grade Fun Night - Wednesday, September 9th 6:30 PM
- 7th Grade Team Building Day - Wednesday, September 16th
- Back to School Night - Thursday, October 1st 7:00 PM
- Parent Conferences: Wednesday, November 18th 5:30-8:30 PM; Tuesday, November 24th 5:30-8:30 PM
Bear Ambassador Program
The Bear Ambassador program allows seventh grade students to become better acquainted with their school, fellow students, and themselves through a series of activities, events, and experiences throughout seventh grade. The Bear Ambassadors are a select group of ninth graders who lead seventh graders in many activities throughout the year. The ambassadors are chosen for their leadership, character, and school spirit.
In Junior High School, students are scheduled for classes within a six-day cycle. Rather than scheduling certain classes for Monday and Thursday each week, a 2 periods/cycle class may be scheduled for “days 2 and 5” or “days 3 and 6”, and a 3 periods/cycle class may be scheduled for “days 1, 3, and 5”. In the event of a school closing (e.g. snow day), the scheduled number day is lost and we move to the next number in the cycle.
We hope that all new students have a great seventh grade year!