BASD recognizes that families and students often seek an educational format that is more flexible yet maintains a high level of rigor with a strong connection to the school community. The purpose of the BASD Virtual Academy program is to provide a virtual learning mode to our BASD students closely aligned to our district vision and in-person educational goals. This revised virtual model replaces BOL and serves as a viable alternative for Cyber Charter Programs.
How is this different from the 2020-2021 BASD Virtual Model?
- Teachers will be specifically designated as virtual teachers. Teachers will not be teaching both in-person and virtual students at the same time.
- The instruction will be asynchronous with optional synchronous sessions.
- Students will be able to create their own daily work schedule and pacing.
- Families will need to follow a registration process to enroll students in our BASD Virtual Academy. A part of this process will include a discussion with building-level administration, the school counselor, and/or case manager.
- New enrollments will only occur at designated transitions such as the quarter/trimester change. Continued enrollment in the BASD Virtual Academy requires evidence of active participation and academic progress.
Do you have questions? Please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Visit the BASD Virtual Academy website.