Welcome to West for all incoming 5th Graders!
Fifth Grade Visitation
Recently the fifth and sixth grade students visited Middle School West for our annual concert and tour. They arrived at about 9:00 and were treated to a concert with our orchestra, show choir and concert band. All three groups did a great job and gave a sneak preview of what to expect for our upcoming spring concerts. The concert was followed by a tour of our school which was given by next year’s Bear Ambassadors. This visit is part of many steps we take to help the fifth grade make a smooth transition into the West community.
2019-20 Important Dates
Bear Ambassador Program
- New Student Days: Thursday, August 15th 9:00-11:00 AM; Tuesday, August 19th 1:00 - 3:00 PM
- 6th Grade Orientation - Wednesday, August 21st 6:30 PM
- 6th Grade Fun Night - Thursday, September 5th, 6:30 PM
- 6th Grade Team Building Day - Friday, September 13th - School Day
- 6th Grade Back to School Night - Wednesday, September 25th 6:30 PM
- Parent Conferences: Wednesday, November 20th 5:30-8:30 PM; Wednesday, January 29th 5:30-8:30
- Monday, November 25th & Tuesday, November 26th 1:00-3:00
The Bear Ambassador program allows sixth grade students to become better acquainted with their school, fellow students, and themselves through a series of activities, events, and experiences throughout sixth grade. The Bear Ambassadors are a select group of eighth graders who lead the sixth graders in many activities throughout the year. The ambassadors are chosen for their leadership, character, and school spirit.
Boyertown Middle Schools use a six-day cycle to determine classes for students each day. Our “day” cycles from “day 1” through “day 6.” Cycle days will not be skipped due to school closings or holidays.
We hope that all new students have a great sixth grade year!