Enable Viewers to Subscribe to Content E-Alerts without Editing Their Accounts
Here are the steps to take to enable users to subscribe to Content E-Alerts from your Site Homepage, a Channel or a Section, without editing their accounts.
- Open the Flex Editor App on that applicable page.
- Position the cursor in the Content Area where you wish the Subscribe button to display.
- Enter this ActiveBlock:
- Click Save.The opened Flex Editor App displays. Check the end-user website to ensure that the Subscribe button displays.
Visitors to your website must be signed in to see the Subscribe button.
Example Registration and E-Alert Subscription Letter for Parents
Here's how you register and subscribe for E-Alerts.
- Navigate to the website. The address of the website is:
- Click Register at the top right of the screen.
- Enter your date of birth and click Submit. (You must be at least 13 years old in order to register.)
- Complete the data fields in the registration form. At a minimum, you must complete the required fields of First Name, Last Name, Email Address, User Name, Password and Confirm Password fields. All information that you enter is kept private and is available to only you and site administrators.
- If registration is successful, you receive a success message. Sign in to the website by clicking the Sign In link in the message or clicking Sign In located at the top right of the screen.
- Once you have signed in, you are ready to add E-Alert Subscriptions. Click My Account at the top right of the screen and select Edit Account Settings from the drop-down list.
- Click Subscriptions.
- On the Subscriptions dialog, click Manage Subscriptions. Here you select areas on the website to which you would like to subscribe. Subscribing enables you to receive E-Alert email messages from the editors of these sections. To subscribe, click the checkbox to the left of your area of interest.
- Click the Homepages and Calendars tab to subscribe to the homepage and main calendar of your district and school sites. Click the Other Areas of Interest tab to subscribe to site sections, for example teacher sections.
- When finished with your selections, click I'm Done.
Subscribe to Content E-Alerts in My Account
Here's how to subscribe to content e-alerts in My Account.
- Sign in on the end-user website.
- Click My Account. A drop-down list displays.
- Select Edit Account Settings. A new window listing different options displays.
- Click Subscriptions. The Subscriptions window displays.
- Click Add Area. The Add Area Subscriptions window displays.
- Option 1.
- Check the box that corresponds to the Site or Sites to which you wish to subscribe.
- Click I'm Done. The Subscription window displays revealing the selection made.
- Option 2.
- Click Other Areas. A new window displays.
- From the drop-down menus provided, you can choose a particular Site, Channels, and Sections.
- Check the box that corresponds to the Other Areas to which you wish to subscribe.
- Repeat process for different each site.
- Click I'm Done. The Subscription window displays revealing the selections made