Helpful At-Home Hints
- Listen to your child read their guided reading book or library book each night.
- Engage in meaningful conversation before, during, and after reading.
- Read stories to your child or practice partner reading (alternate reading pages).
- Ask your child about what they are reading independently in class or about our read aloud book.
- Encourage writing at home with a journal or diary.
- Provide fun writing tools such as markers or pens.
- Ask your child to write a sentence or two about their day.
- Practice math facts with flashcards.
- Ask your child to tell you the time on a clock.
- Ask questions pertaining to a.m. or p.m. (Example: When do we eat breakfast?)
- Ask your child identify coins (name and value).
- Ask your child to count up a set of coins.
If you would like more specific strategies, please contact me! I'm here to help!