Fifth Grade Visitation
Recently the fifth and sixth grade students visited Middle School West for our annual concert and tour. They arrived at about 9:00 and were treated to a concert with our orchestra, show choir and concert band. All three groups did a great job and gave a sneak preview of what to expect for our upcoming spring concerts. The concert was followed by a tour of our school which was given by next year’s Bear Ambassadors. This visit is part of many steps we take to help the fifth grade make a smooth transition into the West community.
Meet Our 6th Grade Teams
- New Student Days: Thursday, August 15th 9:00-11:00 AM; Tuesday, August 19th 1:00 - 3:00 PM
- 6th Grade Orientation - Wednesday, August 21st 6:00 - 6:30 PM
- 6th Grade Fun Night - Thursday, September 5th, 6:30 PM
- 6th Grade Team Building Day - Friday, September 13th - School Day
- 6th Grade Back to School Night - Wednesday, September 25th 6:30 PM
- Parent Conferences: Wednesday, November 20th 5:30-8:30 PM; Wednesday, January 29th 5:30-8:30
Bear Ambassador Program
The Bear Ambassador program allows sixth grade students to become better acquainted with their school, fellow students, and themselves through a series of activities, events, and experiences throughout sixth grade. The Bear Ambassadors are a select group of eighth graders who lead the sixth graders in many activities throughout the year. The ambassadors are chosen for their leadership, character, and school spirit.
In Middle School, students are scheduled for classes within a six-day cycle. Rather than scheduling certain classes for Monday and Thursday each week, a 2 periods/cycle class may be scheduled for “days 2 and 5” or “days 3 and 6”, and a 3 periods/cycle class may be scheduled for “days 1, 3, and 5”. In the event of a school closing (e.g. snow day), the scheduled number day is lost and we move to the next number in the cycle.
We hope that all new students have a great sixth grade year!