Fifth & Sixth Grade Visitation
Recently the fifth and sixth grade students visited West JHS for our annual concert and tour. They arrived at about 9:00 and were treated to a concert with our orchestra, show choir and concert band. All three groups did a great job and gave a sneak preview of what to expect for our upcoming spring concerts. The concert was followed by a tour of our school which was given by next year’s Bear Ambassadors. This visit is part of many steps we take to help the fifth and sixth grade make a smooth transition into the West community.
Meet Our 6th Grade Teams
Meet Our 7th Grade Teams
Pride Team Letter
- New Student Days: Thursday, August 17th 1:00-3:00 PM; Tuesday, August 22th 9:00- 11:00 AM
- 6th & 7th Grade Orientation - Thursday, August 24th Gr. 6 - 6:30 PM Gr. 7 - 7:30 PM
- 6th Grade Fun Night - Thursday, September 7th, 6:30 PM
- 7th Grade Fun Night - Tuesday, September 12th 6:30 PM
- 6th Grade Team Building Day - Friday, September 15th - School Day
- 7th Grade Team Building Day - Wednesday, September 20th - School Day
- 6th Grade Back to School Night - Wednesday, September 27th 7:00PM
- 7th & 8th Grade Back to School Night - Thursday, September 28th 7:00 PM
- Parent Conferences: Wednesday, November 15th 5:30-8:30 PM; Monday, November 20th 1:00-3:00 PM; Tuesday, November 21th 1:00-3:00 PM; Wednesday, January 31st 5:30-8:30
Bear Ambassador Program
The Bear Ambassador program allows sixth and seventh grade students to become better acquainted with their school, fellow students, and themselves through a series of activities, events, and experiences throughout seventh grade. The Bear Ambassadors are a select group of eighth graders who lead the sixth and seventh graders in many activities throughout the year. The ambassadors are chosen for their leadership, character, and school spirit.
In Junior High School, students are scheduled for classes within a six-day cycle. Rather than scheduling certain classes for Monday and Thursday each week, a 2 periods/cycle class may be scheduled for “days 2 and 5” or “days 3 and 6”, and a 3 periods/cycle class may be scheduled for “days 1, 3, and 5”. In the event of a school closing (e.g. snow day), the scheduled number day is lost and we move to the next number in the cycle.
We hope that all new students have a great sixth and seventh grade year!