How Do I Get My Technology Connected to the BASD Network?
1. Make sure your technology is supported.
The Department of Information Technology Services offers a Pre-Scan option to make the connection process easier. The Bradford Networks Dissolvable Agent (Pre-Scan) allows employees and students to scan their computers and fix any conflicting software problems prior to coming into the district. This is a mandatory process in order to complete the device registration process for use within the district.
The Bradford Networks registration system has a set of policies in place to scan your computer to verify the following criteria:
Current and up-to-date operating system:
- Microsoft Windows 10 x32 and x64
- Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 x32 and x64
- Microsoft Windows 7 x32 and x64- Service Pack 1
- Mac - Mac OS X 10.5 or greater
- Apple iPads -Devices that are jailbroken will not be permitted to use the BASD network.
- Android Tablets - Devices that are jailbroken will not be permitted to use the BASD network.
Virus protection with the latest updates:
2. Read and sign the BYOT policy.
- Do ensure your computer (MAC and PC) is protected by only one of the SUPPORTED ANTI-VIRUS programs. This is a requirement!
- Do not install more than one anti-virus program on your computer. This will prevent you from connecting to the network.
- Do keep your antivirus software updated on a weekly basis at a minimum.
With your device meeting minimum requirements and registered with the district, your next step is to download, read and sign the BYOT request form and return it to the department of Information Technology Services.
- To be completed by BASD Employees - (only complete the BYOT section of the form)
- To be completed by BASD Students - (requires both the parent and student's signature)
Please allow 48 hours for administrative review and processing.3. Register your device.
- Scan and email the completed form to Support Center (email@example.com)
- Send completed form to Support Center via inner-office mail
- Hand deliver completed form to ITS Offices at Senior High School (forms will not be accepted by technicians in the field)
You must complete this step using the device you will be using at school!Now that you have confirmed you own a supported device that has up-to-date Anti-Virus software (Step 1) and you have completed and submitted the BYOT policy (Step 2), you are ready to register your device with the district. Simply complete the online BYOT registration form (http://byot.boyertownasd.org/registration/ValidUserLogin.jsp). A valid District network username and password is required to complete this process.
4. Start using your technology!
With steps 1, 2 and 3 completed, you are ready to start using your personal technology in the District. Make sure your device is connected to the BYOT-Guest network.