Arrival/Dismissal Times and Procedures:
- Absences - When your child is absent from school, please report it before 9:00 a.m. by calling 610-369-7518. Our answering machine will record your message at all hours of the night or morning. If you do not call regarding the absence the classroom teacher will send home an excuse blank for your completion. If you do not call the school or complete an excuse blank, the absence will be recorded as unlawful. So please make sure you call or complete an excuse blank. Also, if you receive a doctor’s excuse for any absence, send the excuse to your child’s teacher.
AM: 8:45-11:25 PM: 12:45-3:25
Early Dismissal: AM: 8:45-10:30/PM: 10:30-12:25
- Kindergarten students must have an adult pick them up at the bus stop - this adult must be on their green transportation form.
- Changes to transportation must be approved through the school office.
- Parent pick up is in the office for AM students and in the library for PM students.
Despite everyone’s best efforts, students will occasionally miss their bus, so it is always a good idea to bring your cell phone with you to the bus stop in case the school needs to contact you. Be sure we have your cell phone number on file in the office as well!
- Birthdays in the Classroom - You will receive a form asking if your child would like to celebrate his/her birthday in the classroom. There are two celebration options: (1) sending in a birthday book or (2) sending in a birthday treat. If you choose the treat, please send something that is easy for the students to eat and clean up, such as cookies, pre-cut brownies, etc. Please refrain from sending large cupcakes or frozen treats. Also, remember that our classroom is nut free. If your child has a summer birthday simply subtract six months and celebrate a half birthday.
- Birthday Invitations - If you would like your child to deliver birthday invitations in school you must invite either all students in the class or all students of the same sex as your child.
- Cough Drops - Cough drops are NOT permitted.
- Daily Folder - It is very important to review the contents of your child’s daily folder each night. Please check for homework, remove returned student work, and complete any forms that need to be completed. Return completed homework, forms, and any notes to me in this folder.
- Dress - Have your child wear cool, comfortable clothing on forecasted warm and hot days. We do have air conditioning in our classroom, but we will go out to the kindergarten playground. Tank tops and sleeveless shirts are allowed in kindergarten. Flip-flops are permitted, but not recommended. Please be sure to send in jackets, hats, gloves, etc. for cooler weather. Practicing buttoning and zippering at home will help make your child more confident at recess time.
- E-mail List Serve - I highly encourage you to join our school wide list serve to stay informed about school events and reduce the amount of paper coming home!
- Homework - Your child will be required to complete homework each month. Though the homework will not be time consuming, you will need to help your child with it. Homework will be distributed the first day of the month and collected on the last day of the month.
- Every night you will spend 15 minutes reading together. Either the child or adult caregiver can read.
- There will also be written homework. Homework will be in a calendar format where you will choose 15 activities to do during the month. Activities will incorporate a variety of curricular content.
- Parent Volunteers in the Classroom - I know many parents are enthusiastic about volunteering in the classroom and I can definitely use your help! Once the children become accustomed to the routines in our classroom I will schedule volunteers.
- Every parent who wishes to volunteer in the classroom will need to have a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History, Pennsylvania Criminal History, and FBI Federal Criminal History (fingerprinting). If you are interested in volunteering please visit the Boyertown Area School District Website to obtain the paperwork needed.
Clearances do take some time to be processed. You may want to start this process ASAP.
- If you are unable to volunteer in the classroom, but would still like to help, I do use parents to do paper work, such as cutting, stapling, tracing, etc. at home. There will be a place to check this option on the parent volunteer information form.
- Snack - Our classroom is nut free. Please send one small, healthy, nut free snack each day, such as grapes, pretzels, cheese stick, etc. Your child will need to open it on his/her own. If he/she is unable to do so then please precut or place it in a different container in which he/she is able to open.
- Specials - Your child will participate in library and music every other week. Please return library books every week!