The Boyertown Area School District is beginning its fourth year of the 1:1 PC Laptop Initiative which started at the Senior High. The laptop program will include students in grades 6, 7 and 8 this year. Each middle school student will be issued a laptop computer to be used in the classroom throughout the day. Laptops will not be taken home. Students will start and end their day in homeroom where they will retrieve and store their assigned laptop.
This is an exciting time for the community, our middle school students, teachers and the school district. We have moved into a new era! The immediate access to computers and increased use of computers in education will have a beneficial effect on educational outcomes. We are committed to preparing our students to be able to compete in a global market through the utilization of the 1:1 program. We hope to bring the 21st century to the forefront as well as engage students in creativity, critical thinking, collaboration, and communication.
1:1 Parents & Students
- Acceptable Use of Internet, Computers and Network Resources
- Keeping Your Child Safe: Social Media Must Knows - Information about Social Media Safety. Things parents need to know!
- Common Sense Media - provides information for kids and families to thrive in a world of media and technology.
- ISTE's Digital Age Learning Standards for Students
- Internet Safety - You don't have to be a computer expert to keep your child safe online.
- Open DNS - Free parental controls for your home Internet connection.
- Digital Citizenship - Digital Citizenship is a concept which helps teachers, technology leaders and parents to understand what students/children/technology users should know to use technology appropriately.
1:1 Guiding Principles