7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens
Middle School West integrates components of Sean Covey’s “7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens” into our school culture and environment. Students will be exposed to the “habits” throughout the year in their classrooms and specifically during their advisory period. Students will participate in team building and kinesthetic learning activities which will refine these skills.7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens
How can parents be involved?
- Habit 1: Be Proactive – Take Responsibility for your life.
- Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind – Define your mission and goals in life.
- Habit 3: Put First Things First – Prioritize, and do the most important things first
- Habit 4: Think Win-Win – Have an everyone can win attitude
- Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood – Listen to people sincerely
- Habit 6: Synergize – Work together to achieve more
- Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw – Renew yourself regularly
We encourage parents/guardians to read “7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens” with their children and to discuss how they can incorporate those practices into their daily routine. Copies of the book are available in our school library and can be purchased on Amazon.com.The book is available at many retailers including at Amazon.com.