Middle School East School Counselors
The school counselors are available to all students to help them realize their full potential. Counselors work with students to assist them with understanding themselves, their behaviors, and to help them develop better decision-making skills. The goal is to help. The counselors consult on a regular basis with the grade level teams. Parents are encouraged to call or email their child's counselor with questions or concerns. The Parent Resource Library, located in the pit area of the East Library, is available for parents looking for information about such topics as adolescent development, learning problems, or parenting styles.Angela Bellino8th Grade School Counselor610-473-3990Charlee Malfaro6th Grade School Counselorcmalfaro@boyertownasd.org
Stephenie Williams7th Grade School Counselor
Road To Success:
All East students are scheduled into a Road To Success course taught by a school counselor. This class is designed to promote academic, social/emotional, and career awareness. The focus will be on motivating learners to challenge themselves. In this course, students will learn about and prepare for a successful transition into middle school and life after school. To learn more information and find course materials please visit our website.
Important Grade Level Updates:
6th & 7th Grade:
- The application club deadline is Tuesday, February 18, 2020.
- 6th & 7th grade students recieved information for service and competetion clubs for both East & West Middle Schools to help prepare students for redistricting transitions. Club description information and applications can be found in the Road to Success Google Classroom, Road to Success website, as well as below. East students need to fill out a separate application for each application club they are interested in. Students going to West will rank the application clubs on one form. General clubs that do not require an application are selected during Course Registration in March. Please reach out to Mrs. Malfaro or Ms. Williams with questions or concerns.
- Registration materials can be found in the 8th Grade Road to Success Google Classroom or under "8th Grade" on the Road to Success website.
- January (ongoing): Teachers make 9th grade course recommendations
- January 28: BASH visit during school hours
- January 29-February 5: Course cards distributed in Road to Success classes
- January 30: Parent scheduling meeting at BASH, 7-8:30pm. Students may attend.
- February 12: SIGNED course cards due to math teachers.
- February 13-14: Enter course requests into scheduling system during math classes
- May 8: Deadline to submit signed course deviation forms ("against recommendation" forms)
- May 15: Deadline to make changes to course requests. NO CHANGES WILL BE MADE AFTER THIS DATE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Please reach out to Mrs. Bellino regaring any 8th to 9th grade course registration questions or concerns.
For more information about school counseling services and helpful links for parents click here: BASD School Counseling