I Can Statements For UNIT 3
- I can identify the 2 factors that determine speed.
- I can understand that motion is relative and based on a reference point.
- I can explain how velocity and speed are different.
- I can describe acceleration as a change in velocity.
- I can calculate the average speed and acceleration.
- I can recognize speed and acceleration on motion graphs.
- I can explain how air resistance and gravity effect the acceleration of falling objects.
- I can state and apply Newton’s Laws of Motion to real life situations.
- I can describe momentum of different objects and how it affects motion.
- I can state and apply the Law of Conservation of Momentum.
- I can describe the forces that affect the motion of matter.
- I can compare balanced and unbalanced forces.
- I can explain what causes friction and how it affects motion.
- I can describe and give examples of the 4 types of friction.