• Boyertown Area School District Working Papers


    This document reflects changes to Pennsylvania’s Child Labor Act, signed into law on October 24, 2012 by Governor Tom Corbett.

    All minors between the ages of 14 and 17 are required by Pennsylvania School Law to secure Working Papers before they may begin to work. Students, who have reached the age of 18, by state law, do not need working papers. Minors must reside in the Boyertown Area School District and work in Pennsylvania.

    Under the new Child Labor Law, neither the employer nor a physician will need to sign an application for a work permit. There is only one work permit and it applies to all minors ages 14-17.

    Working papers may be obtained from the Boyertown Area Senior High School, Main Office, 120 North Monroe Street, Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:30AM and 3:30PM, except on holidays and Fridays during summer, or by using this link.

    STEPS TO FOLLOW: The application must be completed and signed by a parent/legal guardian. The application and acceptable proof of age* (as noted on the application) should be brought to the BASH main office or scanned and emailed to: kdiblasi-kelchner@boyertownasd.org .

    *Acceptable Proof of Age Documents include: (only one required)

    Birth Certificate

    Baptismal Certificate


    Driver’s License

    When the permit is processed, student must appear in person before the District Issuing Officer to sign the permit in the presence of the officer. (This process could take up to 1 week to complete.) If you have any questions, please call the BASH main office at 610-473-3630