Announcements & Upcoming Events:
Just a friendly reminder to check your school email for important/updated information from the counseling department.
Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) is the region’s largest employer and health care provider of choice. High school students are invited to join LVHN for a Health Care Careers Expo to learn about entry-level positions in health care, including nursing support, patient transport, registration, patient service representative and more. High school seniors who are considering a career with LVHN after graduation can learn about these roles and speak with managers about open positions.
When: Thursday, June 2, 5-7 p.m.
Where: Lehigh Valley Hospital–Cedar Crest Auditorium or virtual
Here is the link to register https://go.activecalendar.com/lehighvalleyhealthnetwork/event/health-care-careers-expo-for-high-school-students/
- Lehigh Valley Health Network - Emergency Medicine Institute is hosting a Teen EMS Camp geared towards career professionalism, health and wellness, and skills for health and public safety careers.
This camp is for teenagers ages 13-18 years old. Various health and public safety professionals will come to discuss and demonstrate aspects of their career. The teens will also have the opportunity to tour LVHN Cedar Crest Hospital, tour the MedEvac Helicopter and Mobile Stroke Unit, and will be trained and certified in CPR, First Aid, and Stop the Bleed.
This camp will be hosted on August 17th-19th from 8am-3:45pm in Allentown.Please see the attached flyer for more details.
If you are a Senior who is applying to a post-secondary school (college or trade school) or the NCAA Eligibility Center, please read the below:
- The post-secondary school/college that you have indicated on your Senior Survey is where the Counseling Department will send your final, official high school transcript.
- If you applied to your school using The Common Application and have indicated that on your senior survey, that is where we will upload your final high school transcript.
- If the school you have indicated on your senior survey changes, please contact your school counselor.
- If you have applied to the NCAA eligibility center, your final high school transcript will be uploaded as soon as they are available.
Lastly, if you have not completed your Senior Survey please reach out to your English teacher for the link. You must complete this survey.
If you ever have questions or concerns that come up, please do not hesitate to contact your School Counselor.
CONGRATS CLASS OF 2022! We wish you the absolute best!
Attached is the flyer about the State Police training program: FLYER
The Pennsylvania State Police Hill Impact Program is a 14-week course that will focus on physical fitness, paramilitary disciplines, and law enforcement education for high school students between the ages of 15 and 18 years old. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
This is a 10-day, hands-on experiential camp taking place June 17-26. Designed for teens ages 15 to 17 who are interested in a future as a conservation or environmental science professional, this course is based on the principles of stewardship and service learning and will expose students to a variety of conservation field skills.
Details can be found in the attached documents and at the link below. Scholarship opportunities are available as well!
- We want to share a shadowing opportunity with you! Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences has opened up a shadowing opportunity in the operating room environment. You will have the opportunity to shadow a Surgical Technologist. What is a Surgical Technologist? You will be an essential part of the surgical team, managing the surgical instruments and supplies and assisting surgeons with a vast array of different surgeries. Please see the attached flyer for more information.
Sophomores and Juniors-
Are you looking for something fun to do over the summer? Apply to Pennsylvania Free Enterprise Week or PFEW!
PFEW is a week-long event on a college campus. You are put into teams to run a business together. You will create a product, advertise it and make financial decisions for your company. You will also meet amazing people and make incredible friends.
To learn more about PFEW go to https://www.pfew.org/
Experience the PFEW journey by applying at https://www.pfew.org/
Use referral code “alyssa tulli” on the online application when you apply.
- This school year, the IT department is offering a Student Help Desk for any student who needs assistance with their laptop! This year, it is located in the library. The help desk is available during the following periods: FLEX, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th.
- Great resource for parents- Remake Learning Parent Webinars: CLICK HERE for more information.
Find the college that fits you at an upcoming NACAC Virtual College Fair.
It's easy! Just drop in on Zoom sessions offered by hundreds of colleges. It's one day to explore your options and get started on your college dreams.
Hear about student life, majors and programs, financial aid, scholarships, and more, plus ask questions and text chat. Sign up now for free at virtualcollegefairs.org and start exploring. Families invited, too!
Click this link to register: https://www.nacacfairs.org/attend/attend-virtual-college-fairs/students/
Please review the Student Aid Guide as it provides a complete overview of the financial aid process with information on most of Pennsylvania’s financial aid programs and services. We hope you find it helpful as you navigate how to pay for college (2 year, 4 year, Technical): https://www.pheaa.org/college-planning/student-aid-guide/pdf/student-aid-guide.pdf