Annoucements & Upcoming Events:
10th, 11th, 12th Grade Student Career Assessment
Still figuring out your future? Can’t decide on a college major? Don’t know what career to pursue? Then the ASVAB Career Exploration Program is for you. BASH is offering the ASVAB on November 25th during the school day. This is an assessment instrument to assist with your future educational and career plans. Whether you are planning on college, technical school, military, workforce, or just undecided, the ASVAB Career Exploration Program can put you on the right path toward a satisfying career. Understanding your skills, abilities, and interests will help you make the best decisions about your future.
Please complete the attached parent authorization form and return it to the School Counseling Office by October 31, 2019. If you have any questions, please reach out to your school counselor.
September 18, 2019—3:00-6:00 p.m.
Senior Portfolio Presentation Preparation—BASH Library, -No Appointment Required
- Seniors who want help preparing for their career portfolio presentation will meet in the Library with School Counseling staff
October 2nd, 2019—6:30-8:30 p.m.
Financial Aid Night, Freshman Academy Building Auditorium/Old Building (use Entrance 37 in staff parking lot by football stadium) 6:30-8:30 p.m.—No Registration Required Presenter: Ben Rosenberger, Director of Financial Aid/Registrar for Reading Area Community College
October 9, 2019-5:30 p.m. or 6:30 p.m.
FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) Completion Night—Room 411-Use Main Entrance 5:30 p.m. OR 6:30 p.m. - Registration is required TO REGISTER call the BASH School Counseling Office 610-473-3690
- A representative from Montgomery County Community College will walk you through the FAFSA completion process
- Participants will need to bring: o FSA ID# and your already created FAFSA account information o Tax & financial information necessary to complete the application o Student’s user name and password to login to the Boyertown network
October 17, 2019 – 6:00-7:00 p.m.
Sophomore Parent Information Session, - BASH LGI (use East Entrance)—No Registration Required
- What can be expected for my child’s high school career?
- What services are provided by the BASH School Counseling Office?
- What exactly is the Career Portfolio?
October 30, 2019- 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Career and College Readiness: Freshman Academy Options and Opportunities- Freshman Academy Building Auditorium - No Registration Required
- Career and College Readiness planning in high school • Course selection introduction
January 8, 2020-6:30-7:30 p.m. (snowdate: Jan 15, 2020)
Junior Year Information for Parents—6:30-7:30 p.m., BASH LGI (use East Entrance)—No Registration Required
- Preparation for senior year
- Career portfolio presentation expectations
- College application process
March 4, 2020-6:30-8:00 p.m. (snowdate: March 11, 2020)
College Night Panel Discussion—Freshman Academy Building Auditorium- No Registration Required
- Open forum where parents and students can discuss college admission, financial aid, etc. w/College Admission Representatives
CHECK YOUR SCHOOL EMAIL! Just a friendly reminder to check your school email for important information!
Remind Links - Stay connected with the School Counseling Department!
Class of 2019 - Text @cg4f6 to 81010
Class of 2020 - Text @k93c82 to 81010
Class of 2021 - Text @43da2b to 81010
Class of 2022 - Text @2fdd9h7 to 81010