Career Portfolio - 10th Grade Information
The following are the tasks that will be accomplished during Sophomore Year:
1st Quarter Requirements Due by October 25, 2019*
SmartFutures: MY Plan First Three Questions after logging in.
SmartFutures: Skills (NorthStar Videos)
- Internet Basics
- Using Email
- Social Media
- Information Literacy
- Career Search Skills
- Your Digital Footprint
BBEC Trip - Permission Slips Due: 9/17/19, Trip: 9/24/19, Essay Due: 10/1/19
- In conjunction with the Berks Business Education Coalition (BBEC), all students will visit a local business during the school day. This visit focuses on employability skills needed to be successful in any career choice. The day culminates with debriefing sessions and a reflecting writing that students will upload to their Career Portfolio (SmartFutures). If a student is unable to participate in the visit, an alternative assignment is required. BCTC students are welcome to participate but are not required. *Your BBEC Business Visit Reflective Essay is due to your Homeroom Teacher on Tuesday, October 1st, 2019!
2nd Quarter Requirements Due by January 10, 2020
SmartFutures: Activities 8-10 (Updated 11/13/19)
- 8: Exp. Careers While Still at School
- 9: Selecting Your Career Goal
- 10: My Programs or Majors
3rd Quarter Requirements Due by March 16, 2020
Update your SmartFutures portfolio by uploading the Matchmaker, Career Search, College Essay, and BBEC Essay from Google Drive. *If they don’t have the materials saved, students must complete SmartFutures Activities 1-7.
Uploading Video/Instructions: Click Here
Upload the Matchmaker or complete SmartFutures Activities 1-7.
Matchmaker -> My Portfolio -> Uploaded Artifacts / +Add [Tag by standard -> "Career Awareness & Preparation"]
Upload the Career Search or complete SmartFutures Activities 1-7.
Career Search -> My Portfolio -> Uploaded Artifacts / +Add [Tag by standard -> "Career Awareness & Preparation"]
Upload the College Visitation Essay or complete SmartFutures Activities 1-7.
College Visitation Essay -> My Portfolio -> Work Based Learning Experiences /+Add -> Campus Visit [Date = April 9, 2019]
Upload the BBEC Essay or complete SmartFutures Activities 1-7.
BBEC (Business Trip) Essay -> My Portfolio -> Work Based Learning Experiences /+Add -> Other Event [Date = Sept. 24, 2019]
4th Quarter Requirements Due by May 22, 2020
Resume (English 10 during Keystones)
- In 9th grade, students created and uploaded a resume into their Google Drive. Students are expected to update their resumes each year. This will help greatly when they are required to do a final update prior to their Senior Presentations.
Resume -> My Portfolio -> Career Acquisition / +Add -> Resume