Career Portfolio - 12th Grade Information
Class of 2020 - Congratulations! You have worked hard on your Career Portfolio during your years at BASH and now is your opportunity to present on everything you've experienced and learned! The presentation date for this year is Wednesday, October 23rd, 2019. This is an early dismissal day. As the date approaches, you will be given a 15 minute time slot in the afternoon. You should dress in a professional manner for your presentation. As a reminder, if you do not present on this day, you will lose all privileges and will have points deducted from your final score.
This year, Seniors have the opportunity to fulfill their Financial Literacy lessons that begun in 11th grade. During FLEX and QSR, Seniors will finish the final modules (OLD Everfi version) and receive a certificate in which they will upload to their Career Portfolio (SmartFutures). The skills focused on in 12th grade are: Payment Types, Credit Scores, Renting v. Owning, and Investing. The information learned during these sessions will need to be integrated into the Career Portfolio Presentation. Students will need to talk about how what they learned may have impacted decisions/plans for the future. Students should check to ensure that all components of their Career Portfolio are uploaded so they have permission to present on October 18th.
If you are a Senior and this is your first year at BASH, you will not be required to present on the scheduled presentation day. Please work with Mrs. Bright in the School Counseling Office to get caught up with your Career Portfolio in order to be prepared for your presentation at a future date.
Career Portfolio Night - September 18, 2019
In order to support our Seniors and the culmination of this project, we invite them to attend our Career Portfolio Night on September 18th in the Library to finalize their portfolios and begin building their presentations with support from the School Counseling office. Students need to sign up in the counseling office and will need their own transportation home. The session will run between the hours of 3-6pm, students can come any time and stay as long as they like.
1st Quarter Requirements Due by October 18, 2019
Due to technical difficulties with SmartFutures, this deadline has been extended to Monday (10/21/19) at 8:00am. The technical difficulties have been resolved as of 12pm on 10/18/19.
- SmartFutures: MY Plan First Three Questions after logging in.
- EverFi Financial Literacy during Flex HR - Complete the remaining (Classic/Old Version) modules (# 3, 4, 6, 9) that were started last year by October 18, 2019. As a pacing guide, students should have these completed by September 26, 2019.
- Update your Smart Futures portfolio by uploading the Matchmaker or Career Search, DDL, Job Shadow, and BBEC Essay from Google Drive. *If you don’t have these activities, you must complete SmartFutures Activities 1-10. [see below for more info.]
- Upload your EverFi Financial Literacy Cert. to SmartFutures.
- Updated Resume Uploaded to SmartFutures
- Senior Presentation October 23, 2019
- BRING YOUR LAPTOP TO THE PRESENTATION!!! You will connect your laptop to the smartboard.
Document Uploading Instructions Click Here (Due by October 18, 2019)
Categories for Uploading:
Matchmaker –> Career Awareness and Preparation
Career Search –> Career Awareness and Preparation
BBEC Essay –> Career Retention and Advancement
EverFi Cert. –> Entrepreneurship
Job Shadow –> Career Retention and Advancement
DDL –> Career Awareness and Preparation
Senior Presentation [or Google Link*] –> Career Awareness and Preparation
Resume [or Google Link*] -> Career Awareness and Preparation
*Make sure Google Links can be "Viewed" without restrictions.
BRING YOUR LAPTOP TO THE PRESENTATION!!
2nd Quarter Requirements
No requirements this quarter.
3rd Quarter Requirements
No requirements this quarter.
4th Quarter Requirements
Below is important information you need to create a successful presentation. Please refer to the "Career Portfolio Component Checklist" to ensure you have all necessary items uploaded to Career Cruising. Omission of any item may prevent you from presenting and/or may cause you to lose points.
- Migration of documents to personal account (resume, etc)
- Career Portfolio Tips for Public Speaking
- Career Portfolio Tips for Effective PowerPoint Presentations
- Sample Presentation
- Senior Presentation Outline
- Senior Portfolio Rubric