Career Portfolio - 9th Grade Information
We believe students should begin thinking about their academic futures during their freshman year. As such, 9th grade begins the work on the Career Portfolio, a culmination of learning about college & career readiness and preparing students for their post-secondary journey.
2020-2021 School Year
The following are 9th Grade Requirements:
1st Quarter Requirements Postponed.
2nd Quarter Requirements Due January 8, 2021
Smart Futures: Activities 1-7
- New Thinking About Career Success → Career Clusters and Pathways
3rd Quarter Requirements Due March 18, 2021
Smart Futures: Skills: (NorthStar Videos)
Students must attempt each skill below, they not required to earn each badge.
- Internet Basics
- Using Email
- Social Media
- Information Literacy
- Career Search Skills
- Your Digital Footprint
College Visitation & Reflective Essay (Cancelled)
- Students will spend a day touring a local college and completing a constructed response essay to be uploaded to their Career Portfolio.
- After the essay is graded and returned with a passing score, students will upload thier College Esssay to Smart Futures. See upload path below:
College Visitation Essay -> My Portfolio -> Work Based Learning Experiences /+Add -> Campus Visit
4th Quarter Requirements Due May 28, 2021
Resume (Completed in English 9 during Keystones)
- Students will work on building a resume as part of their English class.
Two Resume Options:
1. Complete your resume using the Smart Futures provided template. See below:
My Activities -> at the bottom of the page click on "My Resume"
2. Complete your resume using your own template and upload it to Smart Futures. See upload path below:
Resume -> My Portfolio -> Career Acquisition Documents /+Add -> Resume