Career Portfolio - 11th Grade Information
2021-2022 School Year
The following are the tasks that will be accomplished during Junior Year:
1st Quarter Requirements Due October 22, 2021
EverFi Financial Literacy
Complete Modules 1-3 [You must earn a 70% or better to "pass" each module].
- Banking Basics
- Income & Employment
Everfi Financial Literacy Signup Info
2nd Quarter Requirements Due January 7, 2022
EverFi Financial Literacy
Complete Modules 4-7 [You must earn a 70% or better to "pass" each module].
- Consumer Skills
- Credit & Debit
- Financing Higher Education
Upload your Everfi Certification using the following path:
My Portfolio --> Uploaded Artifacts --> [Tag by Strand: Entrepreneurship]
Include the Title: Everfi Cert
Gathering Your Thoughts: Short overview [3-5 sentences]
Link a File: Upload your Cert.
3rd Quarter Requirements Due by March 18, 2022
Smart Futures Activity 16: Multiple Intelligences [this is newly added for 2021-2022 SY]
4th Quarter Requirements Due by May 27, 2022
Job Shadow (Required for the 2021-2022 SY)
- The Job Shadowing Experience is the major component to be included in the Career Portfolio for the 11th grade year. This is an excellent opportunity for the students to get first-hand day-in-the-life experience in a career that interests them. Students will be required to independently plan, schedule, participate in, and reflect on their personal "day on the job." The Job Shadow may be completed over the summer, during the school year, or in conjunction with a class or club experience. This activity will provide students with an up-close look at what a "real job" is like and what education, skill, and experiences would be necessary to enter that field after graduation from Boyertown. If the Job Shadow experience is during a school day, students must complete an Educational Trip Form obtained in the Attendance Office prior to attending their Job Shadow. Failure to complete this form may result in the student receiving an Unlawful Absence mark in their attendance record. The Job Shadow Host Evaluation as well as the Job Shadow Student Reflection Sheet must BOTH be uploaded to the student's Smart Futures Account (see upload path below).
Job Shadow Host Evaluation & Student Reflection Sheet -> My Portfolio -> Career Pathway Experiences -> "Job Shadow"
- Once you upload your Host Evaluation Form, please bring a copy to Mrs. Bright in the Counselor Suite.
- **Job Shadow Interview questions are optional to upload**
In addition, to pass HR for the year, students must have completed all requirements from the previous years:
- Smart Futures Activities 1-15
- Smart Futures Skills North Star Videos (Attempted, not passed)
- Internet Basics
- Using Email
- Social Media
- Information Literacy
- Career Search Skills
- Your Digital Footprint
- Resume completed in Smart Futures
The following information is needed for your Job Shadowing Experience:
- Factors Employers Consider When Hiring
- Job Shadow Student Instructions and Checklist
- Job Shadow Information Letter to Give to Your Host
- Job Shadow Questions for Host
- Job Shadow Student Reflection Sheet- MUST BE UPLOADED (Word) (Pdf)
- Job Shadow Host Evaluation - MUST BE UPLOADED
- Thank you Letter