Wellness at Home - Wellness Resources at your Fingertips!
Keeping your body and mind fit and healthy is extremely iportant during the time of isolation and staying at home.
We are hoping these resources will help you to keep your wellness in check.
Please come back often as we are constanly adding new resources.
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with additional tips and ideas.
Exercise has so many incredible benefits - and they go beyond simply building strength or loosing weight. Staying active can help to ease symptoms of physical and mental illness, as well as anxiety and stress.
- Exercise Calendars:
- Downloadable workouts:
- Workout videos:
- PLYOGA is an interval training system that uses yoga as an active recovery for plyometric training. No equipment is needed, and it can be done by anyone. Try the PLYOGA Express PE 101: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgY_pXiL6lo&t=126s
- Let’s H.Y.P.E. the breaks! Visit hhph.org, Click on the “RESOURCES” link in the top menu. Use the Filter and Sort tools on the left of the window. Check “HYPE Breaking It Down” and “HYPE the Breaks Vol. 1” Click on and follow then along with one of the many videos.
- Visit https://family.gonoodle.com/. Try any of the 100s of movement and mindfulness videos for kids.
- PE with Joe: https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1/videos Daily fun workout suitable for all ages, even adults can get involved.
- AHA Move More Together: https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-living/fitness/fitness-basics/move-more-month Join AHA for live workouts of browse the website for great exercise at home resources.
- Y Inside Out: https://gpyconnect.philaymca.org/y-inside-out Find a workout that fits your needs. Includes LES MILLS of Y-Instructor led workouts.
- Workout apps:
- Physical activity resources:
- Safety Tips:
- Practicing social distancing on trails: https://www.railstotrails.org/experience-trails/share-the-trail/
- Exercising during Corona virus: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/19/well/move/coronavirus-covid-exercise-outdoors-infection-fitness.html
- How to run safely: https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a31439358/running-during-coronavirus/
- Bicycle safety tips: https://exchange.aaa.com/safety/bicycle-safety/ https://www.safekids.org/sites/default/files/documents/bike_safety_tips_2019.pdf
Use principles of SEL and Mindfulness to reduce the distress while staying open to the positive and interesting things in your life.
- SEL Calendars:
- SEL videos:
- Booster Character: Use Access Code: AtHome
- SEL apps:
- Smiling Mind: Teaching “mindfulness” through guided meditation.
- SEL resources: