FAQ's about school counseling...click here
Call a school counselor when...click hereThe mission of the Boyertown Area School District school counselors isto help students succeed academically, socially and emotionally in school and community.
Boyertown Area School District school counselors philosophy:
The school counselors of Boyertown Area School District believe:
- All students have innate talents and abilities.
- All students can achieve and deserve high quality educational opportunities to maximize their potential for achievement.
- All students deserve a nurturing environment which promotes learning and a sense of community.
- A safe, respectful and effective learning experience can be enhanced by involving parents, guardians, staff and community who play a vital role in the success of our students.
- School Counselors provide leadership in educational reform in our rapidly changing society.
The Boyertown Area School District school counseling program should:
- Develop strategies to overcome barriers to learning.
- Provide state-certified, master’s-degree-level school counselors functioning within the American School Counselor Association model.
- Integrate counseling program components into academic areas.
- Utilize evidence-based practices.
All counselors of Boyertown Area School District:
- Advocate for students to promote their academic, career, personal, and
- Abide by the professional school counseling ethics as advocated by the
American School Counselor Association.
- Will maintain a quality school counseling program by participating in current & relevant professional development as supported by Boyertown Area School District.
- Serve as resources to all members of the school community.
- Promote school and community relationships.
Please contact your school’s counselor with your questions, concerns, and comments regarding your child’s progress in the Boyertown Area School District.